Effective use of ICT based science teaching learning objects.
3.2 Equipping Teachers for Professional Development
National CPD support services like the Irish Professional Development Service for Teachers – Technology in Education section are supporting and promoting the use, application and development of digital content which is relevant to the Irish curriculum through the on-going development of Scoilnet as a portal site, which provides access to thousands of teacher reviewed resources relevant to the Irish curriculum through the evaluation and development of digital materials and resources (including software) and project partnerships; and supporting the innovative use and integration of ICT in schools through pilot projects.
In Italy, INDIRE, the national board for educational research and teacher development has a rich resource bank for professional development related to the use of ICT in schools, including over 1 400 text or multimedia resources (of which over 10 hours of video tutorials), many of which introduce subject-specific uses of ICT. Training is often in blended (face-to-face and online) mode, combining preparatory face-to-face sessions with online activities and materials that are specific to subjects and grade-levels and linked to curricular contents and distance tutoring.
The Swedish Government digitisation strategy for compulsory and upper secondary schools focuses on understanding digital tools and media, digitisation’s impact on society and individuals, ensuring critical and responsible behaviour, problem solving and translating ideas into action using digital technology. Programming is taught through mathematics and digital skills in general through mathematics, civics, Swedish and technology.
- European National Policies in Digital Educationhttps://eacea.ec.europa.eu/national-policies/eurydice/sites/eurydice/files/en_digital_education_n.pdf
- TALIS Report 2018https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/c2037a8f-en/index.html?itemId=/content/component/c2037a8f-en
- Scoilnethttps://www.scoilnet.ie/go-to-post-primary/Includes a section of resources for STEM https://www.scoilnet.ie/stem/
- Digital Strategy and ICT in Education in Italy (An assessment).http://www.oecd.org/education/ceri/Innovation%20Strategy%20Working%20Paper%2090.pdf
- INDIRE Italyhttp://www.indire.it/en/activities/current/
- Education and Training Report Swedenhttps://ec.europa.eu/education/sites/education/files/document-library-docs/et-monitor-report-2018-sweden_en.pdf
- "Same but different? An examination of Swedish upper secondary school teachers’ and students’ views and use of ICT in education"https://doi.org/10.1108/IJILT-09-2016-0043Lindberg, O., Olofsson, A. and Fransson, G. (2017), International Journal of Information and Learning Technology, Vol. 34 No. 2, pp. 122-132.