Effective use of ICT based science teaching learning objects.The guidelines aim at providing science secondary school teachers with the competences to make an effective use of ICT based science teaching learning objects.
3.3 Developing a Personal or Professional Learning Network
- Twitter: social networking platform that allows teachers to create Personal Learning Networks and connect with other educators from all around the world.
- Tweetdeck: allows creation of a custom Twitter experience.
- Facebook Education Group: This Group is an interactive space linked to the official Facebook Education Page - a professional learning community for educators to come together to share, learn and inspire one another. In this Group, educators from across the globe can gather in a safe space to share ideas to better themselves and their field, explore new ideas with new peers and collaborate to tackle challenges.
- Pinterest: a visual bookmarking website that allows you to bookmark, organize, and curate digital content into pinboards that can be easily shared with others.
- Paper.li: a tool to use to turn the feeds of Twitter, Facebook, or Google Plus into a neat looking magazine.
- Skype: Voice-over-IP service that allows individual and group calls and can be used to host hangouts and tutorials.
- TED Ed: platform allows users to take any useful educational video, not just TED's, and easily create a customized lesson around the video. Users can distribute the lessons, publicly or privately, and track their impact on the world, a class, or an individual student.
- Scoop.it: web tool that lets curation of content in the web and organize it into boards similar to Pinterest boards.
- Edshelf: web tool to curate, organize and share web content.
- Slideshare: world's largest community for sharing PowerPoint, OpenOffice presentations, Keynote, PDF and infographics.
- Pearltrees: a social library that allows cultivation of interests with collection, organization and sharing capabilities.
- The 31 Educational Web Tools Every Teacher Should Know abouthttps://www.educatorstechnology.com/2013/12/the-31-educational-web-tools-every.html
- Facebook Education Grouphttps://education.fb.com/
- TED Edhttps://ed.ted.com/